2014 Good Vibes


I don't know about you, but 2014 is already feeling like a good year. I've seen these happiness jars around the net and it was always in the back of my mind to make one last year but I kept leaving it till later until suddenly the year was over (along with my gap semester!!). So, this year I finally did it - albeit a couple of months late. The idea is that every time something happens that makes you happy. you write it down and put it in the jar so that you have a cute little collection of good vibes to reflect on at the en of the year. 

I've been obsessed with gold leafing everything recently after I bought some imitation gold leaf from the two dollar store on a whim. It's so much fun! So the goal was big blocky text - in gold! Most of the jars I've seen around the web are mason jars. If you're from down under like I am, you'll know these aren't as cheap and accessible as they are in the states, so I used some washed out pasta sauce bottles. Easy peasy. 

I started off by sticking a stencil inside the jar.
Then painted over the letters with the leafing glue. 
And ended up with this absolute disaster! Apparently the glue doesn't work the same on glass as paper (should have checked) - in fact the leaf seemed to stick better on the glass without the glue on it! 
If at first you don't succeed - try, try again. Luckily I had a second jar to make use of. This time I used some lettering. Was tempted to leave it like this.
But the gold love prevailed and I ended up with this messy looking, yet not disastrous jar.
It took about half an hour to clean it up after this but I'm completely stoked with the result! I used a black calligraphy brush to fill in the bits that didn't pick up enough gold leaf. Check out my sexy happinesss jar! 




Happy 2014!

1 comments :

 

Joy(eeta)

20 year old quasi student from Sydney, Australia.