Flower Garland || Johnny Loves Rosie
I've always found the Mexican Día de Muertos celebrations so fascinating. The 'day of the dead' is spent celebrating the lives of those who have passed away - inundating their graves with all their favourite things, along with marigolds and sugar skulls. It's a nice way to celebrate a life lived, rather than lost.
After picking up the adorable sugar skull piggy bank from a store in the Blue Mountains (mentioned here), I'd been itching to give the look a try - but it's one of those things you don't really want to venture into alone. So when J, with whom I've done more than a few ridiculously over the top things, dropped by for a long overdue catchup, I didn't hesitate to make the suggestion.
While our makeup is simpler than some, we were happy with the results and had a lot of fun doing it. For those wondering what we used to do the sugar skull makeup - the products are listed below.
Liquid Metal Palette || Illamasqua
White Face Paint || Generic Dollar Store Brand
Eyeliner Crayon || Barry M
Liquid Liner || Illamasqua
Lip Laquer || Rimmel
Lipstick || Illamasqua
Loose Pigment || Illamasqua










0 comments :
Post a Comment